Poke a Potato - Potato and Straw Experiment video
Video DescriptionSimple Potato and straw experiment - Science experiments for kids
What you'll need
• Take a raw potato.
• Take a straw.
• Catch the potato with one hand.
• Push it through potato.
• We see that the straw bends.
• Now cover one end of the straw with the thumb.
• Now push it hard through potato.
• We see that straw goes into the potato.
The reason why the straw goes through the potato is that when we close one end of the straw with thumb, the air inside is trapped and gets compressed. This compression of air makes the straw get strengthened, thereby making the straw go into the potato.
Poke a Potato - Potato and Straw Experiment