World Cup Curry Recipe video
Video DescriptionEasy Chicken Tikka Masala
600 g chicken, skin removed and diced
½ red onion or 2 shallots, finely sliced
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 jar Patak’s Tikka Masala Cooking Sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
juice of ½ lemon (optional)
salt, to taste
sugar, to taste
1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and add the red onions or shallots.
2. After 2 minutes add the chicken and allow to seal for a few minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and the Patak’s Tikka Masala Cooking Sauce. Cover and leave to cook through for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the Tikka Masala from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt, sugar and lemon juice.
5. Sprinkle over the coriander and serve simply with fresh hot basmati rice.
Easy Bombay Potatoes
600g baby new potatoes, scrubbed and cleaned
1 sachet of NEW Patak's Bombay Potato Paste or 2 tbsp of Patak's Tikka Masala Paste
1 tbsp Patak's Mango Chutney
8 shallots, skins removed
6 cloves of garlic, skins left on
2 tbsp olive oil
few springs of rosemary, reserving some for garnish
good pinch of black pepper
good pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat an oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
2. In a bowl mix together the Patak's Tikka Masala or NEW Bombay Potato Paste, Patak's Mango Chutney, olive oil, butter, shallots, and the baby new potatoes.
3. Lay a large piece of foil flat and pour the contents of the bowl into the middle.
4. Add a few sprigs of rosemary.
5. Bash the garlic cloves with a heavy object and place them with the skins left on in the foil parcel.
6. Sprinkle over the black pepper and close up the parcel so no steam can escape.
7. Place onto a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 30-45 minutes, or grill on the BBQ. The potatoes should be soft and fluffy.
8. Just before serving add a few fresh sprigs of rosemary for colour and sprinkle with sea salt.
World Cup Curry Recipe