Freezer Cooking: Lasagna video
Video DescriptionThis easy to assemble recipe makes two full lasagnas. One for tonight's dinner and the other for the freezer.
* 1 package no bake lasagna noodles DO NOT COOK
* 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
* 3/4 pound lean ground beef
* 1/2 cup minced onion
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1 540 ml can Aylmer's or Aylmer's Accents (flavour of your choice) diced tomatoes
* 1 156 ml (6 oz) can tomato paste
* 1 large 390 ml (26 oz) jar of your favourite spaghetti sauce
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or frozen spinach, drained
* 12 lasagna noodles
* 2 cups cottage cheese
* 1 egg
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 500 gram package Kraft Four Cheese Italiano cheese blend
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned.
2. Pour cooked mixture into a bowl and add tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sugar, herbs, seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir everything up. There's no need to simmer the sauce because the flavours will all just meld together.
3.In a mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
4. Spoon a little sauce in bottom of a lasagna pan evenly. Layer uncooked noodles, 1/3 of the cottage cheese, followed by 1/3 of the meat sauce, 1/3 the shredded four cheese blend and the parmesan cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending with sauce and cheeses.
5. Cover with tin foil and freeze.
6.When ready to bake, thaw completely. I pull out my lasagna in the morning before work.
7.Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Makes 2 lasagnas.
Freezer Cooking: Lasagna