How To Make Fish With Rice video
Video DescriptionThis is how I make Sayyadeyeh. There are many recipes for this delicious dish, depending on where you live in the Middle East, but the end product is always delicious and satisfies any fish lover.
Halibut Fish Fillet
1- 1.5 Pound of fish fillet , I used Halibut fillet
1.5 Cups long grain rice
4-5 onions, sliced
1 Cup canola oil
1 Cup of flour
One teaspoon of : Salt, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Cumin, Turmeric and a tablespoon of Cardamom
Marinate for the fish:
1/4 Cup olive oil
Juice of one lemon
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of Cumin
Few crushed garlic cloves
* Wash the fish well with water. The fish should not have any fishy smell, it should smell like the sea and this means that it is fresh.
* Wash the rice and set aside.
* Prepare the marinate by mixing up all the marinate ingredients. Add the fish and cover the fillets from both sides. Set aside for about half an hour.
* Heat the canola oil in a frying pan.
* Dip the fillets in the flour to cover from both sides then fry to a golden color.
* Set the fish aside on paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
* Strain the canola oil you used to fry the fish with and use it to saute/ fry the onions. This way you will get the flavor of the fish incorporated with the onions.
* Brown the onions to a nice golden/brown color. Set aside on a paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
* Add the spices to the rice to prepare for assembly.
*Put the onions in the bottom of the pot.
*Add a thin layer of the spiced up rice.
*Add the fish fillets.
*Add another layer of the rice to cover up all the fish.
*Add water just to cover up the rice.
Fried Halibut Fillets
*Cook on high heat until the water starts boiling. Lower the heat and cook the post on low simmer until the rice is fully cooked. It is just like cooking a pot of rice. It should take about 30-45 minutes to cook.
* Invert the pot on a platter. Add couple of fried fish fillets on top and garnish with fried pine nuts or fried slivered almond or both.
Serve hot next to green salad or tomato salad mixed with parsley and cucumber with tahini sauce.
How To Make Fish With Rice