Southern Dessert Making video
Video DescriptionJack Scalfani shares his favorite Southern dessert.
Here is the recipe:
* 1/2 cup butter
* 2 cups white sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 4 eggs
* 1 tablespoon cornmeal
* 1/4 cup evaporated milk
* 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
* 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar and vanilla together. Mix in the eggs, then stir in the cornmeal, evaporated milk and vinegar until smooth.
3. Bake for 1 hour. Take out of oven and let cool. Cut and top servings with whipped cream. You will think you have died and gone to heaven.
Southern Dessert Making