Sift wheat flour & white flour into bowl.
Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
Add dissolved yeast & shortening to flour mix; stir in milk, sugar & salt.
Mix well into a stiff dough.
Set and let rise till next morning.
Form into 2 loaves; bake... - 41.4773
Prepare greased pan (or muffin pans).
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift flour into milk, mix well.
Add baking soda, molasses, salt & shortening; mix & beat well.
Pour into pan; bake for about 25 minutes.
Good with whipped cream. - 36.7176
Cream together shortening, brown sugar & molasses.
Add eggs; beat well.
Add milk & sifted flour slowly with seasonings, mix well.
Add fruits, dates, nuts and coconut to batter and mix well.
Pour into well greased and floured bundt pan.
Bake at 300 degrees for... - 41.5497
Cream together shortening, sugar, egg & vanilla.
Add salt, cinnamon nutmeg, baking soda & flour, mix well.
Stir in sliced apples & nutmeats.
Bake in greased & floured jelly roll pan, at 350 degrees foi 30-45 minutes.
Frost with powdered sugar glaze. - 39.446
Cream together shortening, brown sugar & molasses.
Add eggs; beat well.
Add milk & sifted flour slowly with seasonings, mix well.
Pour into buttered pan and sprinkle nuts on top.
Bake in a moderate oven. - 38.6259
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease & flour 10" tube or 12 cup bundt pan.
Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
Blend all ingredients together very well.
Pour batter over nuts.
Bake for 1 hour; cool.
Invert on serving plate.
Make glaze, by melting butter in... - 45.4589
Combine above ingredients, mix well, and pour into cake pan.
Mix and sprinkle on top of the batter the following: 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup nutmeats & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. - 33.7296
Combine graham cracker crumbs & 1 stick oleo.
Pack into 9x13 pan.
Cream powdered sugar & cream cheese together; spread this mixture over unbaked crust.
Place a layer of pineapple, then a layer of bananas, and then a layer of whipped topping.
Cover with... - 36.8404
Use angel food cake pan.
Make a mix of sugar, brown sugar & cinnamon.
Tear biscuits in half, roll in melted butter, and shake in sugar mix.
Place into pan, sprinkling nutmeats as you do.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
After cooling and removal from... - 34.1076
Cream shortening, eggs & 1 cup sugar; blend in sour cream.
Mix flour, baking soda, salt & baking powder; add to creamed mixture, & beat well.
Mix together brown sugar, nuts & cinnamon.
Put 1/2 of batter in greased 10" tube pan and sprinkle with raisins & 1/2... - 45.3025
Combine all ingredients, mix well; place on heat and cook (stirring constantly) to 220 degrees, or exactly one minute after it starts to boil.
Beat gently until lukewarm, then add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Beat well until icing thickens and loses its gloss. - 24.3312
Cream brown sugar & butter together.
Dissolve baking soda in applesauce; add to above, mixing well.
Sift flour, then add (slowly) with all other ingredients to above mix; mix well.
Bake in greased & floured pans at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. - 35.6669
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and line the base of a 9-inch deep cake tin with wax paper.
2) In a saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions for about 5 minutes till soft on low flame.
3) Stir in the arborio rice, saute for... - 43.5621
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Stack up the filo sheets. Cut out 6 inch squares to get 40 such squares.
3) Set aside 8 square sheets and cut out 8 4-inch circles.
4) Cover the filo sheet shapes with a damp kitchen towel so they do not stick... - 46.8202
1) In a bowl, add rice flour and salt. Stir well and scrape to the sides to make a depression in the middle.
2) Add in 2 ounces of milk and whisk it well to incorporate the wet and the dry making a smooth paste.
3) In a saucepan, boil the rest of the... - 46.3783
1) In a large saucepan, add in rice, vanilla pod, vanilla seeds and boiling water. Let the mixture come to a boil, stirring in between.
2) Cover the saucepan, turn down the flame and cook the rice till it is done.
3) Remove the saucepan from... - 49.1347
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Grease a 10" cake tin with melted butter. Dust about 2 to 3 tablespoons of polenta or cornmeal over the butter, spread and discard the excess.
3) In a saucepan, boil milk. Add in salt, rice and vanilla... - 44.7397
1) Prepare the barbecue grill.
2) Strip the pork chops of any excess fat. Transfer into a non-metallic dish.
3) In a bowl, mix sugar, fruit juice, rum, coconut and cinnamon. Mix well until the sugar dissolves.
4) Pour the mixture over the pork... - 42.8242
1) In the food processor, add onion, garlic, shrimp paste, green chillies and a little oil. Blend to form a smooth paste.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Beat the eggs into a bowl and pour it over the hot oil in a thin layer.... - 44.2103
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line tin muffin cups of 2 ounces.
2) In a saucepan, boil milk over medium heat. Add in salt, vanilla pod with seeds and arborio rice. Let it come to a boil once more while stirring frequently.
3) Turn down... - 42.779
Mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda & baking powder.
Add milk, molasses & beaten egg, mix well.
Add enough graham flour to make a soft dough.
Drop from spoon into deep hot fat (365 degrees).
Fry until golden brown on both sides; sugar while still warm. - 33.8506
Combine buttermilk, yeast water & shortening.
Sift & mix flour and other dry ingredients together, then blend slowly into liquid mixture, mix well.
Store in covered bowl in refrigerator; will keep 2-3 weeks.
Pinch off & bake as needed.
Before baking, make... - 34.6127
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt & sugar, mix well.
Add milk, eggs & butter to make batter, mix well.
Dip pineapple into batter, and fry in deep hot oil (360 degrees) until golden brown on both sides.
Roll in powdered sugar. - 32.7967
Chop nuts very fine.
Beat eggs until light; add the sugar gradually & continue beating until mixture is creamy.
Add flour, salt & baking powder sifted together; then add chopped nuts.
Drop on greased pan and bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees) for about 10... - 29.0273
Cream butter, add sugar, then well beaten eggs and sour milk.
Dissolve soda in a little hot water and add.
Then add dissolved cocoa, flour and vanilla.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes in moderately hot oven. - 34.261
Rub inside & out of cleaned duck with 2 tablespoons lemon juice, then shake salt & pepper inside and out.
Place in baking pan or dish.
Prepare sauce using remainder of ingredients; pour over duck.
Cover & bake until tender; baste often. - 37.8025
Combine eggs & sugar, mix well.
Add all dry ingredients plus buttermilk, sourdough starter & cooking oil, mix well.
Knead on floured dough board until nice and smooth.
Roll out to about 1/2" thickness and cut with a doughnut cutter.
Let rise on a greased pan... - 35.253
Cream sugar & shortening, then add hot milk; let cool.
Add 2 cups flour slowly; stir in to make a batter.
Combine eggs & yeast water, add, and beat lightly.
Sprinkle salt over mixture, set aside for a few minutes.
Add remainder of flour slowly, beating... - 34.0456
1. Put the duck in a shallow bowl with a tablespoon of soy sauce, the mirin, half the brown sugar and one-third of the ginger. Stir to coat and set aside to marinate at room temperature.
2. Heat 2-3 tablespoons groundnut oil in a large heavy pan over a... - 38.423
Combine milk, sugar & nutmeg, mix well.
Mix in eggs.
Place bread pieces into buttered baking dish & pour mixture over.
Let set while bread soaks.
Gently stir in raisins.
Bake for about 25 minutes at 350 - 33.9776
Start with a good pie dough.
Mix grated cheese into dough, work up on floured board, and make a bottom & top crust.
Line pie pan with pastry.
Make a mixture of sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg.
Put 1/2 of this sugar mixture into pie shell, then add a layer of apples,... - 37.8978
Peel peaches, leaving whole.
Stick 2 whole cloves in each peach.
Put other ingredients into a kettle, bring to a boil, and boil until syrup is thick (10 to 15 minutes).
Turn heat down, add peaches, and let simmer until tender.
Let set for 24 hours; put into... - 29.4723
Cream shortening, sugars & peanut butter.
Mix in eggs, then flour & baking soda.
Form into rolls, chill in refrigerator.
When desired, slice, place on pans; and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. - 29.6813
Mix together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder & salt; blend in milk.
Pour and spread into a greased bake pan or dish.
Top with peaches.
Add enough water to peach juice to make 1 1/2 cups, add brown sugar & margarine.
Heat until sugar is dissolved &... - 38.7797
Wash potatos well.
Fry pork until crisp, remove meat, & add onion to fat.
Saute until brown.
Return pork slices along with potatos to pan, cover, and simmer until potatos are tender.
Add water as needed to keep from sticking.
Remove pork, add other... - 31.994
1. Put the olive oil and red rice in a heavy saucepan and place over a medium heat. Add the water and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer until the rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed. (There are several... - 38.5764
Fry bacon slowly until grease is cooked out (do not drain).
Drain clams, set clams aside, and combine juice with half & half, onion, celery, potatos & bacon with fat.
Cook slowly until potatos are done; add clams & cream of mushroom soup.
Add seasoning to... - 32.3496
1. Heat the oil in a large, flameproof casserole or wide pan over a high heat. Add the lamb, in batches, and cook, stirring and turning frequently, for about 7 minutes until lightly browned.
2. Add the onions, lower the heat to medium-high and cook for about... - 35.5452
Boil chicken until tender.
When cool, chop into small pieces.
Chop whites of hardboiled eggs, & add.
Add chopped cabbage & celery in equal quantities.
Mince the egg yolks fine & add.
Add remainder of ingredients with salt & pepper to taste; mix well.
Store in... - 38.4502
Mix 2 cups flour, sugar, salt & yeast.
Combine milk, water & margarine, heat to very warm (120-130 degrees).
Add liquid to dry ingredients & beat 2 minutes with mixer.
Add eggs & 3/4 cup flour; beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
Stir in additional flour to... - 38.5752
1. Process the chilli, chilli flakes, garlic, saffron, mint, olive oil and lemon juice in a food processor or blender until combined but not smooth.
2. Put the monkfish into a non-metallic dish and pour over the spice paste, turning to coat. Cover and set... - 35.0273
Frirst: Using lukewarm water, dissolve 1/2 tablespoons sugar & yeast; let set for 12-14 hours in a warm place.
Next: To 5 gallons water, add above yeast mix, sugar, and root beer extract; mix well.
Bottle and leave in a warm place for 48 hours.
Store in a... - 29.192
Beat eggs well.
Add 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, salt & mace; beat well.
Mix in heated milk.
Place peeled & cored pears in a buttered baking dish.
Fill center of pears with remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
Pour egg/ milk mix over pears.
Bake slowly at 330 degrees for... - 38.1255
Using a good pie dough, roll out to about 1/8" thickness.
Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar mixed, dot with butter, and roll up.
Slice, place on a greased pan, & dot with butter.
Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. - 26.3384
Cream shortening & sugar.
Combine dry ingredients & blend into creamed mix.
Add egg, & mix well.
Mix in cheese and cranberry sauce.
Stir in nuts.
Pour in greased & floured loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees, about 1 hour, until tests done. - 43.6614
Combine all ingredients (except meat), & place in a stone crock.
Cube meat into 1 1/2" pieces, add & mix well.
Cover, let set in refrigerator for at least 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
Place mix in kettle, bring to a good boil.
Lower heat, cover, and let... - 35.2607
Place sugars, water & corn syrup in pan, mix well.
Stir & cook until sugar is dissolved.
Without stirring, cook to about 300 degrees.
Remove, add salt, baking soda & butter, stir in.
Add nuts, mix in.
Pour out on greased flat pan.
Let set for a very short... - 35.9441
Combine & mix well all dry ingredients (except 3 tablespoons sugar).
Beat egg yolks & vanilla with buttermilk; mix well into above dry mix.
Cook until thickens in double boiler.
Pour into a good pie crust.
Make a good meringue for top by beating egg whites... - 39.9816
Heat oil in stew pot, saute onion.
Add water & bouillon cubes.
Heat to a boil, stir in salt & noodles; cook until noodles are tender.
Add garlic & broccoli.
Cook 8 minutes, then add cheese, milk & pepper (to taste).
Stir & cook until cheese is melted, then... - 38.192
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the barley and the brown rice and return to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 30-35 minutes until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Drain the Swiss chard. Cut out the hard white stems. Slice the... - 39.1475
Do not peel, but cut off stem end of apples.
Remove core & part of pulp, leaving about 3/4" around core cavity.
Place apples in a lightly greased pan.
Mix fruits, sugar & cinnamon; use to fill cavities in apples.
Sprinkle pecans on top of apples.
Bake at 365... - 34.6801
Chop tomatos, onions, horseradish & peppers very fine; stir together with salt, and let set overnight in a stone jar.
Drain, add remainder of ingredients, & just cover with vinegar.
Cook slowly until tender.
Taste, & add more salt if needed.
Can & seal. - 31.6824
All ingredients should be cold.
Try to avoid using hands, as this warms dough.
Combine flour, sugar, salt & lard.
Add beaten egg to enough cold milk to make 1/2 cup of mix, then add to flour mix.
Work up as usual. - 24.1855
Combine fish, mashed potatos, butter, hot milk, 1 beaten egg, salt & pepper (to taste) & some parsley, mix well.
When cool, form into balls, dip in remaining beaten egg, roll in bread crumbs, and fry in deep hot oil. - 29.5225
Combine milk & eggs; beat well.
Add butter, sugar, salt & cinnamon, mix well.
Sift together & stir in flour & baking powder.
Add chopped apples, mix well.
Drop by spoon and fry in deep hot fat (365 degrees) until golden brown on both sides.
Drain on paper... - 41.3231
Cook potatos almost done, and then grate.
Combine with egg, flour, and enough milk to make a stiff batter.
Add onion & seasonings, and form into cakes.
Using frying pan, cook in hot fat until golden brown & crisp. - 27.8378
Mix flour, baking powder & salt.
Cut in fat with knife.
Mixing with knife, add milk.
When soft dough forms, pat it out on floured paper until 1/2 inch thick.
Spread with butter & sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar.
Roll up, cut off slices 1/2 inch thick, arrange... - 37.7792
Combine dry ingredients; mix well.
Cut in 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly.
Add remainder of ingredients (except milk & 1/3 cup butter); mix well.
Mix in enough milk to make a soft dough.
Work up & shape into dish or pan lined with wax paper.
Bake at 460... - 36.3267
1. Pat the chicken pieces dry with kitchen paper. Put 2 tablespoons flour in a plastic bag, season with salt and pepper and add the chicken pieces. Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large, flameproof casserole over... - 35.7374
Stew apples just enough to soften, then chop into small pieces about the size of raisins.
Boil apples in the molasses until like thick preserves, then drain off molasses.
To molasses add egg, sour milk & shortening, mix well.
Add flour, salt, baking soda &... - 39.6431
Blend together flour, baking powder & melted shortening.
Add milk enough to make a good pliable dough; roll out.
Line a pie plate with the pastry, put apples in, and place crust on top.
Bake in moderate oven until done, then reverse on plate.
Sprinkle with... - 36.2244
Mix together all dry ingredients.
Combine pumpkin, eggs & shortening; add slowly to dry ingredients, mixing well as you do.
Stir in nutmeats.
Pour into greased & floured loaf pans.
Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. - 37.5574
Grease a baking dish.
Crumble 7 graham crackers in bottom; then make a layer of 3 cups of apples.
Sprinkle with spices.
Repeat the cracker, apple & spice layers once more.
Pour milk over all.
Bake 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serve with whipped cream. - 35.4946
1. To prepare the lobster, remove the claws by twisting. Crack the claws using the back of a large knife and set aside. Split the body lengthways. Remove and discard the intestinal vein, the stomach sac and the spongy gills. Remove the meat from the tail and... - 33.9645
Cut rabbit into small pieces, season with salt & paprika; coat with flour.
Place rabbit & butter into skillet; saute until brown.
Lay onions over rabbit, season with salt; pour sour cream in.
Cover & let simmer for about 1 hours.
Serve. - 33.2066
Cook potato slices with vegetable oil in skillet.
In another small skillet, fry bacon crisp, drain.
Use bacon grease to saute onion.
Add to potatos, along with 1/2 cup cheese, bacon & remainder of ingredients (except remainder of the cheese).
Heat, then top... - 31.2732
Combine egg yolk with milk & beat well.
Combine & mix dry ingredients.
Stir egg mix into dry mix, mix well.
Beat egg white stiff, and fold into batter.
Blend melted butter into batter.
Cook on a greased hot griddle. - 37.3828
Place yeast & 2 cups flour in large bowl, blend.
In another bowl combine 1/2 cup melted margarine, salt & sugar, then pour scalded milk over this.
Stir until sugar is dissolved, then add sourdough starter & egg, mix well.
Combine this mix with the flour mix... - 39.6123
Slice cucumbers very thin.
Slice onions and separate into rings.
Place cucumbers & onions in bowl.
Combine rest of ingredients and pour over cucumbers & onions.
Artificial sweetner can be used instead of sugar. - 34.4764
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until very soft and beginning to colour. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
2. Add the tomatoes, bay leaf,... - 37.7759
Combine flour & brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
Save 1 cup of this mixture for top.
Place remainder in baking pan (ungreased), and press in.
Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Cream sugar & cream cheese, add remainder of... - 41.4864
Batter: Mix together milk, 1/2 cup sugar & melted butter.
Mix in egg, then combine & sift in flour, salt & baking powder; beat to a batter.
Filling: Mix together 3/4 cup sugar, peaches (sliced, with juice), nutmeg & cinnamon; pour into greased baking... - 39.6453