- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Gypsy Style Recipe Video
|Onion||1 , chop|
|Lemon||1 , juice extracted|
|Mushroom||6 , washed, thinly sliced|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (big handful)|
|Couscous||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Bay leaf||1 (Optional)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 356 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 223.7 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.5%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 14 g27.2%
Vitamin A 63.7% Vitamin C 278.4%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil water in a saucepan.
2. Wash and chop broccoli into bite size pieces. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, add broccoli, bay leaf, salt, and lemon juice.
4. Pour boiling water into the pan to cover broccoli. Cover with lid and set aside.
5. In a bowl, soak couscous in boiling water. Cover with lid.
6. In a large frying pan, heat oil and drop onion in it. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
7. Drop mushrooms, turn the heat to medium, cover with lid, and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
8. When you hear sizzling sound, open the lid, reduce the heat, stir, cover it back and cook.
9. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
10. Add tomatoes and give it a good stir.
11. Throw parsley, leaving little for garnish. Cover, and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
12. Meanwhile in colander, drain broccoli.
13. On a serving platter put some couscous, and top it with broccoli.
14. Ladle mushroom sauce on top.
15. Serve broccoli hot with parsley garnish.