- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zurich Zucchini Recipe
|Zucchini||2 Large, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Frozen chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Seasoned pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 250.6 mg
Sodium 650.5 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 19 g38.9%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 33.6%
Calcium 39% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a 2 quart (6 cup) microwaveable casserole dish with butter.
2. Combine zucchini and onion in it
3. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the microwave oven
4. Microwave at HIGH power for 7 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
5. Drain liquid from dish and reserve for soup or sauce if you wish.
6. Beat eggs in a medium-size bowl with a wire whip until foamy
7. Stir in cheese and seasonings.
8. Pour and stir egg-cheese mixture into zucchini in casserole
9. Cover casserole with a wax paper or paper towel and return to the microwave.
10. Cook at MEDIUM power for 5 minutes, uncover and cook for another 3 minutes until egg mixture in center is set.
11. Let stand for 2 minutes.
12. Serve the zucchini hot.