- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Pound cake mix||17 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Almond Flavored)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||6|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Instant espresso coffee powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling||5 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted and chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4782 Calories from Fat 1990
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 224 g345.2%
Saturated Fat 132.3 g661.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 708.5 mg
Sodium 6106.9 mg254.5%
Total Carbohydrates 651 g216.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 403.5 g
Protein 58 g115.9%
Vitamin A 151.5% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 158.2% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Line 2 1/2-quart bowl with plastic wrap. Cut cake into 1/2-inch-thick slices; cut each slice diagonally in half to make 2 triangles. Sprinkle liqueur over triangles. Line bowl bottom and side with triangles, making sure that there are no spaces between triangles and that bowl is completely covered. Reserve remaining triangles.
3. In heavy 1-quart saucepan over low heat, melt 4 squares chocolate; cool slightly. Coarsely grate remaining 2 squares chocolate.
4. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat 1 1/4 cups heavy cream and 2 teaspoons instant espresso-coffee powder until soft peaks form. In large bowl, prepare instant pudding as label directs, but use only 2 1/4 cups milk. Fold whipped cream and almond extract into pudding. Fold in grated chocolate.
5. Spread two-thirds of cream mixture to cover cake in bowl. Fold melted chocolate into remaining cream mixture; use to fill center of dessert. Top dessert with remaining cake triangles. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
6. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat sugar, remaining heavy cream, and 2 tea spoons instant espresso until soft peaks form.
7. Unmold dessert onto chilled platter; discard plastic wrap. Frost dessert with whipped-cream mixture; sprinkle chopped almonds on top.