- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Zucchini Fritters (호박전=HoBak Jeon) Recipe Video
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, julienned (2 cups)|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped finely|
|Red hot pepper||1 , sliced|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|For the dipping sauce|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Brown Rice Vinegar or Apple Vinegar)|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.1 mg
Sodium 1163.3 mg48.5%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 45.2% Vitamin C 163.5%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl and combine the flour with salt, water and egg. Mix well.
2. Add the zucchini, onions and red hot pepper into the batter. Combine well.
3. Take a slightly oiled pan and heat it. When it is warm, pour 1 spoon of batter each separately on the pan and spread them into a round shapes. Fry them until they turn golden brown in color occasionally flipping the sides till done.
4. The dipping sauce can be prepared by mixing the ingredients for the same.
5. Serve the pancakes warm with the dipping sauce.