- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini, Corn, and Tomatoes Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned whole kernel corn||12 Ounce|
Calories 102 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg
Sodium 442.5 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 43.4%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With stiff vegetable brush, scrub zucchini very well, but do not pare.
2) Cut zucchini, on the diagonal, into slices 1/2 inch thick.
3) In a large skillet, heat butter or margarine and saute onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
4) Add zucchini, salt, pepper and oregano; mix well.
5) Bring to boiling; reduce heat; simmer, covered and stirring occasionally, 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
6) Add tomatoes; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer.
7) Add corn; cook a few minutes longer, or until the corn is heated through.
8) Serve hot at once.