- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini Zap Recipe
|Fresh zucchini||3 Pound, sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, softened|
|Fresh garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Saltine crackers||18 , crushed (With Salt)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Italian seasoned breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required, Dry)|
|Paprika||To Taste (For Garnish)|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.2%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g76.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.1 mg
Sodium 795.9 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 28.8% Vitamin C 67.9%
Calcium 35.8% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil zucchini for 20 minutes.
2. Drain water out of it and mash them.
3. SautÃ© onion in 2 tablespoons butter
4. Add to zucchini with garlic, crackers, cheese, remaining 4 tablespoons butter, eggs and seasonings.
5. Mix all ingredients evenly.
6. Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch casserole and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
7. Bake the preparation at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
8. Garnish the baked zucchinis with paprika herbs and sprigs of parsley.