- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini Wrapped Meatballs Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, finley chopped|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Granulated white sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.6 mg
Sodium 523.8 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 20 g40.8%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 33%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut zucchini along into 1/4- inch thick strips.
2) In a bowl mix meatball ingredients and blend well.
3) Divide and shape into 16 meatballs.
4) Carefully warp zucchini strip on each meatball and secure with wooden toothpick.
5) Arrange in a 10-inch square baking dish.
6) In another mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and rosemary.
7) Mask the meatballs with sauce.
8) Seal the content tightly with plastic wrap.
9) Place in Microwave at Power Hi for 10- 15 minutes.
10) Rearrange the content and cook till meatballs are firm and zucchini is tender,
11) Remove toothpicks before serving with rice.