- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini with Dill Sauce Recipe
|Zucchini||2 Pound, cut into julienne strips 1/8 inch x 3 inches long (Peeled Seeded)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh dill||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 314.2 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 70.4%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a mixing bowl, sprinkle the salt over the zucchini.
2) Let it stand for 1/2 hour, then spread the strips on paper towels and pat them dry.
3) Melt the butter in a 1 1/2-quart saucepan.
4) Add the zucchini when the foam subsides.
5) Toss it in the butter with a spoon or spatula until well coated, then cover the pan.
6) Turn the heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, or until barely tender but don't overcook.
7) With a wire whisk, beat the flour into the sour cream.
8) Pour the mixture over the zucchini and, stirring gently, simmer 2 or 3 minutes, until the sauce is thick and smooth.
9) Stir in the sugar, vinegar and dill, and taste for seasoning.
10) Serve hot.