- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini Veggie Sausage Skillet Recipe Video
|Zucchini||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Vegan sausage||3⁄4 Pound, crumbled|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, chopped|
|Cooked brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy parmesan||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated (Optional)|
Calories 432 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 861.3 mg35.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.9%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 22 g43.7%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 71.4%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut off the ends of the zucchini. Slice them lengthwise and cut further into half moons.
2. In a skillet pour ½ tablespoon of olive oil and heat on medium high. Add in the zucchini pieces in a single layer.
3. Season with salt and pepper and cook them till they begin to turn brown Flip and continue to cook. Set aside.
4. In the same skillet add the remaining ½ tablespoon oil and heat on medium high. Add the onions and sauté them till translucent for around 4 minutes.
5. Crumble the sausage and put it into the skillet and continue to sauté and break them with the spatula. Add in the tomatoes and stir well. Cook for around 7 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft.
6. Return the zucchini and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Stir well to mix them. Turn off the heat.
7. In a serving plate, garnish with soy parmesan cheese (if desired) and serve the zucchini skillet with cooked brown rice.