- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini Veal Pizza Recipe
|Zucchini||4 Cup (64 tbs), shredded|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Onion powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.1%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180.1 mg
Sodium 1480.5 mg61.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 31 g61.7%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 75.8%
Calcium 45.3% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2) In a colander, sprinkle the zucchini with 1 teaspoon salt and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Then rinse under running cold water and squeeze well.
3) In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, onion powder and garlic powder together.
4) Add zucchini and 2 ounces each of the mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses, mix thoroughly.
5) Spray a 14 x 10-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and press the zucchini mixture over the bottom of the pan.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until set.
7) In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, saute the veal in the oil over a medium heat, stir occasionally and cook until browned, remove and keep aside.
8) In the skillet drippings, stir in the bell pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until softened.
9) Return the veal into the skillet, stir in the tomato sauce, seasonings and rest of the salt, stirring occasionally and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the veal is thoroughly cooked.
10) Spread the veal mixture evenly over the crust, top with the remaining mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the crust is lightly browned.
12) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.