- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini Tuna and Macaroni Casserole Recipe
|Spiral macaroni/Epoundsow macaroni||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Pound, washed and thinly sliced (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced, cut on the diagonal|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated (As Needed)|
|Canned tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can)|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (2 Slices)|
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.9 mg4%
Sodium 454 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Following directions on the package, cook macaroni; drain.
3. In a 3-quart saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons margarine and sautÃ© zucchini, celery and onion for 5 minutes with frequent stirring.
4. Remove the pan from heat and stir in flour, salt and dill until smooth.
5. Gradually add small amount of milk and stir after each addition.
6. Return the pan to medium heat and bring it to a boil; stir constantly.
7. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
8. Stir in 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese; mix well.
9. In a large bowl, combine, toss macaroni and tuna with sauce.
10. Into a 2-quart shallow baking dish, put the noodle mixture.
11. In a small bowl, mix together crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan and 2 tablespoons melted margarine.
12. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the casserole and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until hot and bubbly.
13. Serve hot.