- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini Timbale Salad Recipe
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Pound, trimmed|
|Chopped basil||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated (1 Package)|
|Tomatoes||4 , sliced|
|Sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil vinegar||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 257 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.2 mg
Sodium 233.5 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 10 g20.3%
Vitamin A 27.3% Vitamin C 33.9%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350F /175C.
2. Grease 6 (3/4-cup) ramekins.
3. In a medium saucepan cook zucchini in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes, drain well and set aside to cool.
4. In a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade, process cooled zucchini and basil until smooth and pour puree into a medium bowl.
5. In a small bowl, beat eggs along with half and half such that blended.
6. Stir into zucchini puree such that blended and season with salt and pepper.
7. Into the greased ramekins spoon zucchini mixture and place filled ramekins on a baking sheet;
8. sprinkle 1 teaspoon cheese over top of each ramekin and bake in preheated oven 45 to 50 minutes such that set.
9. Remove from baking sheet, cool completely on a wire rack and refrigerate timbales in ramekins until served.
10. To serve, run the tip of a knife around edge of each ramekin and invert ramekins on individual serving plates.
11. Remove ramekins, cut tomato slices in half and arrange around each timbale.
12. To serve, garnish with radish sprouts and spoon 1 tablespoon dressing over each timbale.