- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini Raita Recipe
|Ginger slice||2 (1/8-Inch-Thick)|
|Mint||3 1⁄3 Ounce (Small Bunch)|
|Coriander||3 Ounce (Small Bunch)|
|Plain yogurt||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 764 Calories from Fat 503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.7%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g96.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79 mg
Sodium 1749.2 mg72.9%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 13 g51.9%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 20 g40.4%
Vitamin A 225.8% Vitamin C 150.6%
Calcium 81.5% Iron 49.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash zucchini thoroughly and pat dry. Cut the ends and using the coarse side of a grater, grate zucchini. Squeeze out the juice from zucchini and blot with paper and set aside in a colander.
2) Rinse and dry scallions. Hold them firmly and chop off the green tops and discard. Chop the white ends thinly into 1/8 inch slices.
3) Dice ginger and also wash and dry mint and chop finely. Reserve about 4 sprigs of mint for garnishing.
4) Take a medium bowl and mix together, yogurt, sour cream, sugar, and salt. Stir in scallions , ginger, chopped coriander and chopped mint.
5) In a skillet, heat oil over high heat. When the oil is very hot, turn off the heat and drizzle ground cumin oil.
6) Immediately add zucchini and toss until it is barely cooked. Put the zucchini in the yogurt mixture and place the raita in refrigerator until serving time.
7) Garnish the cold raita with mint sprigs and transfer to 4 dinner plates.