- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini Nut Bread Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated zucchini||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 Small)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1302 Calories from Fat 916
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.2%
Saturated Fat 16 g80.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1902.6 mg79.3%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g64.7%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 37 g73%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 27.5%
Calcium 57.1% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices, and nuts.
3. Beat the egg with the oil and buttermilk. Stir in the zucchini.
4. Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Turn into an oiled 8- by 4- by 2-inch loaf pan.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then turn out of the pan onto a wire rack and cool completely.