- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini Gratin Recipe
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||4 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 982 Calories from Fat 749
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g131.1%
Saturated Fat 53.2 g265.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 251.6 mg
Sodium 393.2 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.4%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 25 g49.2%
Vitamin A 106.9% Vitamin C 344.4%
Calcium 50.9% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the zucchini and dry it. Do not peel bit cu off the stalk ends.
2) Lengthwise, slice each zucchini in half with the help of a sharp knife.
3) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
4) In a shallow flameproof dish, melt the butter and sauté the zucchini, with the cut side downward, till it has turned light golden.
5) Turn the zucchini over once and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Sprinkle grated cheese all over.
6) With a lid or foil, cover the dish and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
7) In case cream is being used, heat it in a pan over medium heat without boiling. Pour it all over the baked zucchini and cheese.
8) Serve hot.