- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini Bread Using Molasses Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded and unpeeled|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 578 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.4 mg26.8%
Sodium 540.5 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.4%
Sugars 38.7 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and blend them well by running a hand mixer. Run the mixer at low speed until the mixture moistens and then beat at medium speed for about a minute.
2. Take a 9X5 loaf dish and line it with a wax paper, spoon the batter over it.
3. If required then sprinkle some wheat germ over the loaf.
4. Cover the end of loaf using a 2 -inch wide foil strips. The covering should be such that it cover 1 inch of batter, and tuck the remaining foil around handles.
5. Place the dish on inverted saucer and place the saucer in the center of microwave oven.
6. Cook the mixture on MEDIUM for about 6 minutes until it gets half cooked. Then keep on rotating the dish by ¼ turn during every 1-2 minutes.
7. Cook the mixture on HIGH for about 1-4 minutes and keep on rotating the dish by ¼ turn during every 1-2 minutes.
8. If clear glass dish is used then doneness of the loaf can be checked by looking through bottom and it should be ensured that batter remains crispy at the center. If the batter remains unbaked then it means the dish is to be cooked for some more time.
9. Keep the dish on countertop for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
10. Serve the zucchini bread warm with little butter.