- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini and Tomato Salad with Almonds Recipe
|Zucchini||2 Pound (6 Small Pieces)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Mild olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 910 Calories from Fat 605
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.5%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 805.2 mg33.5%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.6%
Sugars 32.6 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 95.9% Vitamin C 413.2%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse zucchini and pat dry. Chop it into 1/4 inch thick and 2 inch long slices.
2) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3) Wash tomatoes and pat dry. Chop them into half and put aside.
4) Place a heavy bottomed saucepan over high heat and add zucchini slices to it. Pour 1/3 cup of water and cover the pan. Blanch zucchini until they are tender but still crisp.
5) Drain zucchini. In a large serving bowl combine, lemon juice, oil, cumin, black pepper, salt, and Cayenne and toss in the zucchini.
6) Use a plastic wrap to cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
7) In the meantime, place almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the preheated oven for about 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. Once done, place the almonds on paper towels and allow to cool a bit.
8) Transfer the zucchini mixture to a serving bowl and toss in tomatoes. Garnish with toasted almonds and serve.