- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zucchini And Leek Pudding Souffle Recipe
|Zucchini||4 Medium, scrubbed and coarsely grated|
|Leeks/Scallions||2 , trimmed and sliced|
|Shallots||3 , peeled and minced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Condensed beef consomme||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolks||2 , lightly beaten|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 316 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.1 mg
Sodium 1447.6 mg60.3%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.2%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 50.2% Vitamin C 70.4%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Butter a 1-quart soufflé dish or casserole.
2. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan on the base and sides of the dish.
3. Preheat oven to 375°.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat.
5. Add zucchini, leeks, and shallots and sauté for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
6. Season with salt, marjoram, nutmeg, and pepper
7. Reduce heat to lowest point and keep warm, sautéing occasionally.
8. Meanwhile in a small saucepan, melt the margarine over a low flame.
9. Add and blend in flour.
10. Take pan off the flame and stir in consommé,
11. Return to heat, and simmer, stirring, for 3-5 minutes until thick.
12. Switch off the flame and stir in Parmesan, salt, and zucchini-leek mixture.
13. Whisk in egg yolks.
14. Cover the pan with cling film and keep aside to cool to room temperature.
15. In a clean dry bowl, beat egg whites until frothy.
16. Add cream of tartar and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and beat until stiff.
17. Fold egg whites into the zucchini mixture using a rubber spatula.
18. Pour the mixture into prepared souffle dish.
19. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until puffed and speckled with brown.
20. Rush the casserole from the oven straight to the table using oven mitts.