- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zorba's Personal Pan Kibbi Recipe Video
|Ground lamb||2 Pound (fine ground)|
|Onion||2 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||6 Large, minced|
|Pine nuts||4 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cracked wheat/Bulgur||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked in water for 1 hour, drained well|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste) (Optional)|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon (or to taste)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 619 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.8 mg27.6%
Sodium 562.3 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42.1%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 27 g54.8%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedGrill or Oven
1. In a large bowl, combine the finely ground lamb meat, onions, garlic, nuts, soaked bulgur wheat, salt, pepper and oregano.
2. Using your hands, mix the ingredients thoroughly, kneading until it comes together like dough.
3. Divide the mixture into equal size portions and using wet hands shape into mini loaves or patties.
4. Arrange them in a greased or foil line baking or roasting pan.
5. Cook them in the oven or in the Weber Smokey Mountain (preheated to 350 degree F)for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked.
6. Serve the Kibbi with Louisiana hot-sauce and Cajun pickles for a Southern touch!