- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ziti With Tuna Tomatoes And Olives Recipe
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||14 Ounce|
|Chopped fresh basil/2 teaspoons dried basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Canned chunk light tuna in water||14 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 7 Ounce Each)|
|Elbow macaroni/Ziti||1 Pound|
|Sliced black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 409 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 0.55 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.2 mg
Sodium 383.7 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 24 g47.1%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the pasta as per the directions given on the package. Drain the pastas and keep it aside in a serving dish.
2. Take a large nonstick saucepan and heat oil. Add garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes to make them soft.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until it turns like a rich sauce.
4. Add basil and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, and hot red pepper flakes along with tuna fish and mix gently.
5. Add the tuna sauce on the cooked pasta.
6. Serve the pasta hot with olive slice garnishing.