- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ziti with Plum Tomatoes Recipe
|Plum tomatoes||20 Pound, ripped (10 nos, 2 pounds each)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Oregano leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3958 Calories from Fat 892
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g153%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1436.9 mg59.9%
Total Carbohydrates 758 g252.6%
Dietary Fiber 144.8 g579%
Sugars 37.3 g
Protein 139 g278.1%
Vitamin A 1177.4% Vitamin C 1483%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 341.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take the water in a pot and bring it to boil. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for 10 seconds.
2) Drain the tomatoes and peel them.
3) Slice each tomatoes into lengthwise wedges and keep aside. Discard the seeds from the tomatoes.
4) Take a skillet and heat the oil.
5) Put onion and garlic. Cook for 1 minute and then add tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
6) Cook the mixture on low heat for around 8 minutes to make the tomatoes tender.
7) Meanwhile cook the ziti in a boiling water. Drain the ziti and add to the tomato sauce.
8) Cook all the mixture on high heat for 2 minutes.
9) Garnish the dish with whole basil leaves.
10) Serve the dish immediately.