- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zippy Zucchini Fritters Recipe
|Zucchini||5 Cup (80 tbs), shredded (Two 2 1/2 Each Cups)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, diced (1 Can)|
|Dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated (Plus More For Garnish)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Chicken flavored soup base||1 Teaspoon, flavored|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying, Or As Required)|
Calories 1192 Calories from Fat 1084
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g188.5%
Saturated Fat 18 g89.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.1 mg72.4%
Sodium 407.4 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 62.7%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Squeeze as much water as possible from grated zucchini
2. Leave about 1 cup of zucchini for further use.
3. Place all ingredients in the list, except oil in a bowl and mix them well.
4. Take a skillet, pour oil in it to 1/8 inch depth and heat the oil over medium heat.
5. Drop batter into hot oil; take one heaping tablespoon at a time so that 8 fritters can be formed.
6. Fry about 5 minutes on one side and then turn it on other side and fry it.
7. Sprinkle light parmesan cheese on the fry, if desired.
8. Serve hot.