- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zingy Lemon Cake Recipe Video
|2% milk||120 Milliliter (2/3 cup)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Cake and pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
Calories 1340 Calories from Fat 476
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.7%
Saturated Fat 31.2 g155.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 337.2 mg
Sodium 733.7 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 196 g65.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.5%
Sugars 101.3 g
Protein 25 g49.4%
Vitamin A 34% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 67.5% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Take a 9-inch round cake pan, grease with butter, and line parchment paper in it.
3. In a large bowl combine egg, half milk reserving the other half, and vanilla. Whisk them together.
4. In another bowl add sifted flour, baking powder, lemon rind, and salt. Insert butter and remaining reserved milk in it.
5. With an electric mixer, blend it for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is fluffy.
6. Pour egg mixture in 3 additions, beating and scraping down side of bowl every time.
7. Pour batter in cake pan, and place it in oven. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Run knife around the edge, invert it on a wire rack, remove parchment paper, and allow it to cool.
9. Serve zingy lemon cake with a light mint cream.
Blend flour at medium speed.
You cake is perfectly baked when tester inserted in the center comes out clean.