- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zesty Yogurt Slather Recipe
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 Quart (Or 32 Ounces)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), peeled and pressed (Small Sized Ones)|
|Fresh mint leaves||7 Teaspoon, coarsely chopped (1 Teaspoon, For Garnish)|
|Orange zest||2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Coarse salt||1 Pinch|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, coarsely ground|
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.4%
Saturated Fat 0.41 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 168.8 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 26 g52.8%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 31.1% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Line a strainer with 2 layers of cheese cloth.
2) Place it over a bowl.
2) Add the yogurt and close the cheesecloth with a twistie.
4) Let it drain for 3 hours at room temperature.
5) In a bowl, place the drained yogurt.
6) Stir in the walnuts, garlic, 2 tablespoons of mint, orange zest, honey, salt, and pepper.
7) Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of mint.
8) Refrigerate covered for up to 3 hours before serving.
9) Twenty minutes before serving, remove the yogurt slather from the refrigerator and serve.