- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Zesty Pepper-Jack Cornsticks Recipe Video
|Self rising cornmeal mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Self rising flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded pepperjack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.2 mg
Sodium 601.3 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 19.8% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together self-rising cornmeal mix, self-rising flour, egg, and gradually pour milk. Mix until just moistened, being sure that the egg gets completely incorporated into the mixture.
3. Gently fold in shredded Pepper-Jack cheese.
4. Brush molds of cornstick pan with peanut oil, and heat it in a 450 degree F oven.
5. Spoon batter into hot pan, filling molds almost to the top.
6. Pop it back into the oven and bake for 6 minutes.
7. Turn the oven to broil and bake for 2-3 minutes to brown off the tops.
8. Remove from the oven, and immediately transfer from the pan to a nice serving dish.
9. Serve immediately with butter and enjoy!