- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zesty Lemon Bars Recipe Video
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cookie crumb crust||1 , prepared (in 9x13-inch baking dish)|
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 222.8 mg
Sodium 217.5 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 86.4 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 39.5%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree.
2. Place pre-prepared cookie style crust in a 9x13 baking dish, and keep it aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs.
4. Throw sugar in it, and whisk until the mixture becomes pale and thickened.
5. Then, put flour, baking powder, lemon juice, and lemon rind in it. Mix until smooth.
6. Now, pour the mixture over cookie crust. Place it in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the filling sets.
7. Remove the dish from oven, place it on a wire rack, and allow it to cool.
8. Serve zesty lemon bars sprinkled with icing sugar on top.
You can store zesty bars in an air tight container, with waxed paper in between.
Your lemon bars will remain fresh for 4 days in refrigerator, and for about a month in freezer.