- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zesty Black Bean and Corn Pasta Salad Recipe Video
|Rotini pasta||1 Pound|
|Zesty italian dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mild salsa/Rotel tomatoes with mild green chilies||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoned black beans||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Corn||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Celery||2 Medium (stalks)|
|Salt||1 Dash (as needed, to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Dash, ground (as needed, to taste)|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 601 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1038 mg43.2%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50.1%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 19 g37.2%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 5% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot, boil the rotini pasta as per package directions and drain.
2) Into a bag holder with a zip/seal-able bag, add the cooked rotini pasta.
3) Cut each celery stalk into three strips, dice and add into the pasta in the bag.
4) Then add the drained black beans, corn, salsa, salt, pepper, Italian dressing and chili powder into the bag.
5) Seal the bag and mix up the ingredients thoroughly for about 1 to 2 minutes until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6) Spoon the Zesty Black Bean and Corn Pasta Salad into bowls and serve.