- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zesty Black Bean and Corn Pasta Salad Recipe Video
|Rotini pasta||1 Pound|
|Zesty italian dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mild salsa/Rotel tomatoes with mild green chilies||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoned black beans||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Corn||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Celery||2 Medium (stalks)|
|Salt||1 Dash (as needed, to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Dash, ground (as needed, to taste)|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 718 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 844.8 mg35.2%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g42%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.8%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 26 g51.4%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 30.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot, boil the rotini pasta as per package directions and drain.
2) Into a bag holder with a zip/seal-able bag, add the cooked rotini pasta.
3) Cut each celery stalk into three strips, dice and add into the pasta in the bag.
4) Then add the drained black beans, corn, salsa, salt, pepper, Italian dressing and chili powder into the bag.
5) Seal the bag and mix up the ingredients thoroughly for about 1 to 2 minutes until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6) Spoon the Zesty Black Bean and Corn Pasta Salad into bowls and serve.