- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Red bell peppers||To Taste|
|Saffron threads||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fish stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (White Part Only)|
|Blanched almonds||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Monkfish||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sea scallops||1 Pound|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, deveined|
Calories 606 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 384 mg
Sodium 1029.4 mg42.9%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 91 g182.2%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 45.3%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel, seed and coarsely chop the tomatoes, then add saffron into the tomato juice collected.
2) Preheat the oven to 200°F.
3) In a very large heavy pot, saute the onion, garlic and peppers in the oil over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, until tender.
4) Stir the tomatoes, saffron and juice, fish stock, wine, almonds, 2 tablespoons parsley, and cayenne into the vegetables. Allow the mixture to boil, then simmer uncovered on a low heat for 10 minutes.
5) Stir in the monkfish and scallops, then cook covered over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the fish is opaque and cooked.
6) In an ovenproof dish, transfer the seafood with a slotted spoon, cover with an aluminum foil and keep warm in the preheated oven.
7) Add the lobsters and shrimp into the pot, then cover and cook over a high heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until the lobster shells turn red.
8) Sprinkle with rest of the 1/2 cup of parsley.
9) In 6 large shallow bowls, equally place the fish and shellfish, then ladle over the sauce and serve immediately.