- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zabaglione: Sweet World #7 Recipe Video
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||6 Tablespoon (divided 1/4 cup for geleatine and 2 tablespoons for egg whites)|
|Marsala wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (cribari)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh fruit/Raspberries||1⁄5 Cup (3.2 tbs)|
Calories 886 Calories from Fat 498
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.8%
Saturated Fat 31.9 g159.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 719.7 mg
Sodium 150.6 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.17 g0.66%
Sugars 51.7 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 49.1% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needstand mixer, spatula,
1. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, mix together gelatine and sugar.
2. Add in marsala wine and egg yolks and cook stirring constantly for 12 to 14 minutes or until thickened.
3. Take the pan off the heat and stir in brandy and vanilla and set aside to cool.
4. In a mixer bowl, fitted to a stand mixer with whisk attachment, whip heavy cream until stiff and transfer it to a large bowl.
5. In a clean mixer bowl, beat together egg whites and 2 tablespoons of sugar until stiff peak.
6. Fold the marsala mixture into whipped cream and then into egg whites.
7. Spoon the cream wine mixture into stem glasses or bowls and refrigerate until chilled.
8. Serve chilled, topped with fresh fruits.