- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yummy Creamy Potato Salad with Zaatar Recipe Video
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs) (to cook the potatoes in)|
|Diced onion/Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
Calories 218 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 78.2 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 74.2%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. Keep the skins on because that’s where most of the nutrients are. Put them in the pot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, lower the temperature and simmer, uncovered, until fork tender. This will take about 15 minutes.
2. Chop the parsley and the onions. And if you're using mint, chop that up too.
3. Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, za’atar in the small bowl.
4. When the potatoes are done, drain in a colander and let them cool for a few minutes.
5. Put the potatoes in a large bowl, add the parsley, onion and mint, if using. Mix. Drizzle the olive oil dressing over the top. Mix well.
6. Serve hot or cold. Garnish with paprika.