- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zaalouk - Moroccan Eggplant Salad Recipe Video
|Eggplant||1 Large, half peeled, diced|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, peeled and diced|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 126 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 258.4 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.2%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 40.8% Vitamin C 39.3%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, pour water and salt it to taste. Put the diced eggplants, cover and cook for around 30 minutes.
2. Drain the egg plants in a colander and press them gently to remove any excess water.
3. In a pan on medium heat, pour olive oil. Add the tomatoes, cooked eggplants, spices, cilantro and parsley. Mix them well.
4. Cook them for around 20 minutes while stirring occasionally. Always mash the eggplants and tomatoes while stirring.
5. Once the eggplants and tomatoes are cooked and mashed well, add the vinegar and continue to stir and mash till well combined. Turn off the heat.
6. In a serving plate, serve the zalouk hot or cold with bread.