- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Coleslaw Recipe Video
|Korean barbecue sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for pork)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs) (for pork)|
|Pork||6 Cup (96 tbs) (leftover, for pork)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (for pork)|
|Garlic||1 Medium, chopped (for pork)|
|Fresh spinach||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped (for pork)|
|Wheat bread||50 Gram (2 slices, for sandwich)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, sliced (2 slices, for sandwich)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for coleslaw)|
|Low-fat mayonnaise||2 Teaspoon (for coleslaw)|
|Honey||1 Teaspoon (for coleslaw)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2629 Calories from Fat 738
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g125.1%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g78.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 950.3 mg
Sodium 6999.6 mg291.7%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.6%
Sugars 74.3 g
Protein 327 g653.3%
Vitamin A 258.3% Vitamin C 87.4%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 175.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drizzle Crock Pot with olive oil, pour a little water and a little BBQ sauce in the bottom.
2. Add pork.
3. Cover with remaining water and BBQ sauce.
4. Cook for 2-4 hours on high, or 4-6 on low (or more!!!! if you have the time, I’d cook for 6-8 hours on low!!).
5. Whisk together coleslaw dressing ingredients. Add carrots and cabbage and combine.
6. Toss potato wedges with seasonings and olive oil. Lay on a baking sheet.
7. Bake at 357 F for 15 minutes, flip, bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
8. Add green garlic after pork has cooked for about an hour.
9. After 2-3 hours, in Crock Pot or on a cutting board, using 2 forks, shred the pork.
10. Return to Crock Pot and continue to cook (on low or high, between 1-5 more hours – make sure there’s enough liquid so it doesn’t burn!).
11. About 30 minutes before serving, add greens to Crock Pot and combine with pork.
12. Assemble sandwich: bread/roll, pork, tomato slices, coleslaw (or coleslaw, tomato), drizzle a little BBQ juice over, top with bread. You can dip one slice/side of the bread/roll into the BBQ juice in the Crock Pot… it will make it extra messy! Serve with more coleslaw on the side, and home fries.
For more information, visit the blog entryPulled Pork Sandwiches with Coleslaw!