- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies from Pg 239 of Rosalie Serving Country Cookbook Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Hershey's)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Maraschino cherry||2 Cup (32 tbs), halved|
|For the chocolate frosting|
|Chocolate chip||6 Ounce|
|Condensed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cherry syrup||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 201 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.3%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.9 mg8.3%
Sodium 56.8 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 19.5 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOven
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degree.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, unsweetened cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Cut the Maraschino cherries in half, keep it aside in a bowl.
4. In a stand mixer bowl cream the butter and sugar for few minutes then add the vanilla extract along with egg.
5. Once all ingredients have combined well add the flour mixture and blend until you get smooth dough.
6. Once done remove the dough from the bowl and make small balls and place them on a baking tray.
7. Place half of the cherry on each cookie; continue till you are done with all the cookies.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes.
9. In the mean time make the frosting; combine the chocolate chip, condensed milk and the cherry syrup.
10. Microwave it for 30 seconds to 1 minute cover it with cling wrap and make sure not to char it.
11. Once the cookie is done remove and let it cool, once cooled add the chocolate frosting and let it set for 30 minutes.
12. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
13. Serve the chocolate covered cherry cookies along with a cup of tea.