- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yukon Gold and Sweet Scalloped Potatoes Recipe Video
|Leek||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (35%)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs) (35% less sodium)|
|Fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon|
|Yukon gold potato||2 , peeled|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (aged 5 years Canadian)|
|Sweet potato||2 , peeled|
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.2%
Saturated Fat 21.3 g106.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.9 mg40.3%
Sodium 934.5 mg38.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 234.6% Vitamin C 27.5%
Calcium 36.3% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. Using a mandolin, thinly slice the potatoes into round.
3. Place a sauce pan over medium heat, add butter, and sauté leek for 3 minutes or until softened.
4. Pour broth, and cream in it.
5. Insert thyme, stir, increase the heat to medium high, bring it to a simmer, and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the liquid reduces to about 1/3 cup.
6. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Remove from heat and set it aside.
7. Now, in a baking dish, layer potatoes alternatively starting with Yukon potatoes as base. Switch direction for each layer to cook evenly.
8. Pour sauce over potatoes. Spread leeks evenly. Cover it tightly with foil, and bake for about 40 minutes.
9. Remove dish from oven, uncover foil and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
10. Return it to oven, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
11. Serve Yukon gold and sweet scalloped potatoes hot.
Use firm potatoes with smooth skin to prepare the dish. It should not have sprouts, green areas or blemishes.
If you are making the dish for potluck, then let it cool slightly. Wrap it with foil. Write reheating instruction on it with marker. Then, wrap it with towel to keep it warm during transportation.