- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yorkshire Season Pudding Recipe
|Boiling milk||1⁄4 Pint|
|Stale bread||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Dried sage||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato gravy/Rich gravy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 455 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.1%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.7 mg
Sodium 762.3 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 37.6% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) In 2 oz. fat, sauté onion gently for 3 minutes.
3) In a mixing bowl, mix bread with milk and mash well.
4) Stir in onion and fat from pan.
5) Season with salt and pepper and then mix in eggs until they reach a stiff stage.
6) In a shallow Yorkshire tin, melt left over fat and pour the mixture.
7) Even the mixture, mark top with fork and apply oil.
8) Brown in the preheated oven for 1-1 1/2 hours on middle shelf.
9) Cut into squares and serve with gravy.