- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yogurt Fruit Dessert Recipe
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Uncooked rolled oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cashew nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Diced raw apples/Pineapple /banana||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg
Sodium 41 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 29.6 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 40.9%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a glass dessert bowl, mix yogurt and honey.
2. Gently fold the oats into the honeyed yogurt.
3. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow the yogurt to chill overnight.
4. Mix prepared fruits with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
5. Add cashews and orange juice to the fruits.
6. An hour before serving, remove chilled yogurt from refrigerator.
7. Combine the fruit mixture with the honeyed yogurt.
8. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
9. Place the dessert bowl in the refrigerator until required.
10. Spoon fruit yogurt into individual dessert bowls or sorbet glasses at the table.
11. Garnish with toasted rolled oats if desired.