- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yogurt Cheese Pierogi and Yogurt Kefir Ice Cream Recipe Video
|Gluten free all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon (Green Valley Organics Lactose Free)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Yogurt||2 Pint (Green Valley Organics Lactose Free)|
|Kefir||1 Pint (Redwoodhills Farm)|
|Syrup of maple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2353 Calories from Fat 679
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g117.9%
Saturated Fat 28.8 g143.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 563.4 mg
Sodium 3611.5 mg150.5%
Total Carbohydrates 331 g110.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 93.4 g
Protein 71 g141.1%
Vitamin A 32.2% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 130.2% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
For Yogurt Cheese Pierogi with Shaved Beet
To make the pierogi:
1. In a bowl, pour the flour and make a well in the middle.
2. Blend the rest of the ingredients together and pour them into the well, stirring and gradually incorporating the flour into the wet ingredients.
3. Bring it all together and form into a ball, kneading for just a few minutes.
4. Wrap it and let it rest for 5 minutes.
5. With a rolling pin, roll the dough out on a lightly floured tabletop. Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 1/8 inch and cut out rounds with a glass or other appropriate mold.
6. Brush a bit of water around the perimeter of the cut pieces and place a scant tablespoon of yogurt cheese in the middle and fold it over to make a half moon.
7. Boil in salted water for approx. 5 minutes.
Set cooked pierogi atop the following salad:
For Double Dip Ice Cream
Following the instructions to your home model ice cream machine, this will produce a wonderful ice cream.
To learn more about Redwood Hill Farm products visit: www.redwoodhill.com!