- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yogurt Baked Chicken With Pimento And Chives Recipe
|Chicken||3 Pound, quartered, skinned and fat removed|
|Low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped fresh chives||2 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely chopped pimiento||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 701 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.3%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 231.3 mg
Sodium 409.7 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.44 g1.8%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 74 g148.8%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the marinade by combining the yogurt, chives, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
2. Add the chicken to the marinade and marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
3. Remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator, 20 minutes before coking time.
4. Preheat the oven to 325° F
5. Arrange the chicken in a baking dish and reserve the marinade.
6. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
7. In the meanwhile, in a saucepan, pour the stock and bring to a boil.
8. Simmer on a reduced flame, until the stock has reduced to half
9. Blend the flour with the reserved marinade.
10. Mix a few tablespoons of the hot stock into the marinade, then add the marinade to the stock and simmer for 3 minutes until thickened.
11. Finally add the pimiento to the sauce and stir.
12. Transfer the chicken from the baking dish to individual serving plates and spoon the sauce over the pieces just before serving.