- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yogurt and Grilled Eggplant Relish Recipe
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, finely sliced|
|Eggplant||1 Pound (1 Medium Sized)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, blanched and cut into 1/4 inch pieces|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|Fresh mint||2 Tablespoon, finely minced|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 112 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.3%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.8 mg
Sodium 449.4 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Soak the scallions in a bowl of col water, for 30 minutes.
2) Drain well and pat dry.
3) Grill the eggplant over hot coals, until it begins to char.
4) Roll it until all the sides are charred.
5) Peel off the darkened skin and give it a quick was it needed.
6) Chop the eggplant to pulp
7) In a bowl, put yoghurt and whisk with a fork until creamy.
8) Add in eggplant, scallions, tomato, ginger, mint, cayenne and black pepper.
9) Check for seasoning.
10) Chill and serve.