- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yellow Squash Boats Recipe
|Yellow squash||1 Pound (Use 2 Medium Sized)|
|Ears of corn/1/2 cup canned whole-kernel corn||2|
|Ears of corn/1/2 cup canned whole-kernel corn||2 , canned|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium (Chopped To Make 1/2 Cup)|
|Pepper red||1 Small, halved, seeded and chopped|
|Red pepper||1 Small, halved, seeded and chopped|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Tarragon leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Made From 2 Slices)|
|Soft white bread slices||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Using 2 Slices)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Shredded low fat vegetarian mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.9 mg
Sodium 791.7 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.9%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 17 g34.4%
Vitamin A 31.7% Vitamin C 93.7%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim the ends of squash and cut them lengthwise into half. Scoop out seeds.
2. Add them to a large skillet with salted boiling water and blanch them for about 5 minutes, just until tender
3. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
4. Shuck the corn and remove silks.
5. Cut the corn kernels by holding corn upright on a cutting board, and slicing each row from top to bottom. You can also use ½ cup canned whole corn
6. Preheat the oven to 350°F
7. In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine.
8. Add and sauté onion and red pepper until soft.
9. Add corn, tarragon, seasonings and water.
10. Cover skillet and simmer 10 minutes, or until corn is tender.
11. Take pan off the heat and stir in bread crumbs, egg and mozzarella cheese until thoroughly mixed.
12. Arrange squash halves in a large casserole.
13. Spoon the corn mixture into the squash boats.
14. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until stuffing is golden.
15. Serve squash boats hot.