- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yellow Squash And Chive Cheese Au Gratin Recipe
|Yellow squash||4 Pound, scrubbed and sliced 1 inch thick|
|Condensed beef consomme||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream cheese with chives||18 Ounce, softened to room temperature (6 Packages, 3 Ounce Each)|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh dill/1/2 teaspoon dried dill||2 Tablespoon|
|Cracker meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mixed with 2 tablespoons melted butter / margarine (For Topping)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2838 Calories from Fat 1865
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 224 g344%
Saturated Fat 118.8 g593.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 556.7 mg
Sodium 5707.6 mg237.8%
Total Carbohydrates 161 g53.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.2 g84.8%
Sugars 64.5 g
Protein 66 g132.6%
Vitamin A 239% Vitamin C 109%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Grease a 3-quart casserole with butter.
3. In a saucepan, combine squash, minced onion and consommé.
4. Place the pan on a medium-low flame and cover with a lid.
5. Simmer the squash for 15 minutes until it is tender.
6. In the mean time, in a skillet, melt the butter over a low flame
7. Add the cheese to the butter and stir until it melts and blends to form a smooth sauce like consistency.
8. Stir parsley and dill into the cheese.
9. Take skillet off the heat and set aside.
10. Drain the squash, adding the consommé to the sauce sauce.
11. Whisk until well blended.
12. Turn the squash into the buttered casserole and pour the cheese sauce on top
13. Sprinkle the cracker meal topping over the squash.
14. Bake squash for 40 minutes until heated through and sauce is hot, bubbly and lightly browned.
15. Rush the dish from the oven to the table holding it with oven gloves.
16. Spoon the squash and cheese sauce into individual plates and enjoy it while it is hot.