- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yellow Rice Recipe
|Rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), rinsed and drained|
|Coconut milk/3/4 cup canned unsweetened mixed with 3/4 cup water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Homemade)|
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 254.8 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan or flameproof casserole, add rice, cumin, turmeric, salt, coconut milk and 5 1/4 cups of water.
2) Allow the mixture to soak for 30 minutes.
3) Place the pan over moderate heat and bring it to a boil.
4) Reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
5) Remove the pan from the heat and stir the rice once.
6) Keep the cover on and allow to stand for another 10 minutes.
7) Serve the rice hot with your choice of side dish.