- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yellow Pepper Pasta with Shrimp Recipe
|Sweet yellow peppers||2 2⁄3 Pound, divided|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Hungarian paprika paste||7 Teaspoon, divided (2 Tablespoons Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Peeled deveined shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm), minced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Creole seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Greek seasoning||To Taste|
|Snipped fresh basil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 382.5 mg
Sodium 1300.5 mg54.2%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 29 g58.2%
Vitamin A 76.1% Vitamin C 629.2%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 30.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thaw frozen shrimp.
2. Keep 2/3 pound yellow peppers to be sued for sauce.
3. Coarsely chop 2 pound bell peppers after removing the stems and seeds.
4. Blend half of the chopped peppers to a puree and transfer to a 1-quart saucepan.
5. Repeat the process with the other half also and add the puree to the saucepan.
6. Bring it to boil and lower the heat to simmer till the puree decreases to 1 1/3 cups.
7. Allow the pepper puree to cool.
8. Take a bowl and mix flour and 1 tsp salt. Dig a deep hole in the centre.
9. Take a smaller bowl and mix beaten egg yolks, 2/3 cup pepper puree and 1 tsp Hungarian paprika paste and blend well with the flour mixture.
10. Transfer the prepared dough on a floured surface
11. Knead to an elastic, smooth dough.
12. Keep aside for 10 minutes and then divide into four equal shares.
13. Roll each part into 12x12-inch square of 1/16 inch thickness.
14. Cut into the shape or your choice or using a pasta machine prepare noodles.
15. Allow it to dry overnight.
16. Remove the stem and seeds from the remaining 2/3 pound yellow peppers and slice them into 1/4-inch strips.
17. Take a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil, add garlic and cook till it turns tender.
18. Add sliced peppers and shrimp and cook for a minute.
19. Add the rest of pepper puree, 2 tbsp Hungarian paprika paste, water, Greek seasoning, Creole seasoning, pepper and ½ tsp salt and allow it to boil.
20. Reduce the heat and simmer till shrimp turns pink.
21. Take a stockpot or 6-quart Dutch oven, add 4 quarts boiling salted water and cook pasta for about 1 to 3 minutes or till it turns soft.
22. Drain cooked pasta to remove excessive water and transfer back to the oven.
23. Top pasta with hot sauce and toss till pasta is completely coated.
24. Mix basil and toss till it blends properly.
25. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.