- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yellow Flower Lamb Recipe
|Lamb neck fillet||12 Ounce (375 Gram)|
|Spring onions||4 , finely chopped|
|Groundnut oil/Vegetable oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dried mushrooms||1⁄2 Ounce, sliced (15 Gram)|
|Fresh root ginger piece||1 Inch, peeled and finely chopped|
|Canned bamboo shoots||3 Ounce, sliced, drained (1/2 Of 6 Ounce / 175 Gram Can)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry/Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft dark brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Chinese five spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 821 Calories from Fat 606
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.3%
Saturated Fat 23.4 g117.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 325.5 mg
Sodium 1386 mg57.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 37 g73.8%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Keep pork in a poly bag and place it in the freezer for about 1 hour until just frozen.
2. Cut the meat diagonally into thin strips; remove fat if any.
3. In a bowl, beat eggs with half of the spring onions.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Soak dried mushrooms in boiling water for 10 minutes and then drain.
6. In a pan, heat 1/2 teaspoon oil and make a flat omelet with the egg mixture.
7. Slide the omelet out of the pan on to a plate and roll up tightly; keep aside.
8. In a wok or deep frying pan, add the remaining oil and heat until hot.
9. Add the remaining spring onions and ginger.
10. Stir-fry over gentle heat for a few seconds to just flavor the oil.
11. Add lamb strips to the wok, increase heat to high and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until browned on all sides.
12. Add in the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, soy sauce, sherry or vinegar, sugar and five-spice powder.
13. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the lamb is tender and all the ingredients are hot and mixed evenly.
14. Remove the stir-fried lamb mixture from the wok and transfer to a warmed serving dish.
15. Slice the rolled omelet into thin rings.
16. Garnish omelet rings on top of the stir-fried lamb mixture to resemble flower petals.
17. Sprinkle sesame oil and serve immediately.